Thursday, October 11, 2012

Still Alive

I thought I'd post to let you know that we're all still alive here at Carnivores.  

Let's see...  


Maera has been very good.  She has been SUCH a patient subject, because I finally graduated up from the pictures that I was taking with my iPhone.  For my birthday this month, I got a Canon Rebel T3i camera, and have been enjoying playing with it and taking pictures of mostly the animals.  The dogs bear the brunt of it, because they can't hide in small places like the cats can.   I still admit to not knowing what I'm doing, though...  which is why I'm signed up to take a beginner's class in about a week and a half.  I can't wait!


Of course, she's not ALWAYS very good.  The picture above is of the remains of a bill for veterinary services.  Ahem.  


Argos is ALWAYS good.  He's such a laid-back dog, and eager to please.  The only thing that he doesn't really care for is when Maera starts jumping around and accidentally (or on purpose, take your pick) jumps on him.  He'll show teeth to her then, and growl or bark.  It always startles me, and is very annoying, but I can't really blame him for not wanting a dog six years his junior leaping on him.


Honestly most of the cats are annoyed with my camera.  I've had a difficult time getting them to pose.  All except for Charlotte, who seems to enjoy looking right at the camera, and posing as if it's a given that we'd want to take photos of her.  So, bask in the glory and beauty of the queen!

That's not to say that I HAVEN'T gotten pictures of the other cats.




I still have the FeLV kittens.  They're growing like little weeds, and are otherwise very healthy.  I don't think that any placement has been found for them yet, which is heart-breaking.  In fact, my heart breaks just a little bit more every time I go into their room and see them.  Clark snuggles up to me and gazes into my eyes, Lewis tries to bite my nose, purring all the while, and Nellie climbs all over me.  It's just not fair that they have this disease.  

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that all seems to be well. BOL and the torn up vet invoice thingy. hahhaha.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new camera! I would totally need classes as well, with an upgrade like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! It's nice to see you guys, and to know that things are going well. We are purring and praying for those sweet FeLV kittens. Miracles DO happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried using a clicker with the cats? I think Jet's Agenda used one to train her cat, and Kristine from Rescued Insanity has some adorable videos of her cat with some clicker training. It might help you get some good pictures of them.

    Sure, blame Maera for the ripped up vet bill! You know we all want to do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you're still around! We've missed your updates! I think you will love your Canon Rebel. I got one about nine months ago, and I love it! Having said that, I still have not even BEGUN to tap into all it can do, and my photos are still not great, but they are getting better. Charlotte is so cute ... Olivia is the same way. I have so many botched pictures of her where her face is all out of focus because she's leaning into the camera. Also, Bunny's mom had a great idea about clicker training. Olivia LOVES to clicker train and I should probably devote more time to it than I do just because of how much she enjoys it. Sure hoping those kittens find a wonderful home soon. Such sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you guys are alive and kickin ;)

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alanis feels just as Argos does about being jumped on and I can certainly understand the attitude toward the vet bill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a WONDERFUL picture of Charlotte. I love everything about it -- her, and the color of the sofa in the background -- great. And what else are vet bills good for, but ripping up. And -- the kittens. The kittens. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look like pretty good pictures to me!

    I have a 'Rebel', though it's not called that, here. It was one of the earlier models, and I don't use it much anymore. I tend to 'snap' most of the time, and the little Panasonic Lumix point-and-shoots are so good these days .. and if I need something better, I have a Lumix bridge camera.

    Good luck with your class! I took a couple of City & Guilds courses a few years back and they were great fun!

    ReplyDelete