Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Long Week - And a Birthday!

I haven't had any news about placement for our FeLV+ kittens yet.  They're still in my bathroom.  I have to remind myself that they don't know that they're sick.  As far as THEY are concerned, they are normal kittens, with normal kitten goals.

Clark has fallen into the toilet TWICE now because he is so desperate to explore it.

He has also fallen over the side of the tub while I was showering.  His little eyes went so wide when he realized that water was falling from the sky.

Lewis also has gone "swimming" in the toilet.  Mind you, we keep the toilet lid down in general.  But in that two seconds after a poor, unsuspecting soul LIFTS the lid with the intention of using the camode for its intended purpose, BAM!  Kitten.

A sleepy Nellie paws up my leg.

Lewis shows that string who's boss.

Clark vanquishes his arch-nemesis, the vacuum.

Kitten wrestling.

Of course, when you have needy kittens in the house, it's easy to talk about nothing else, but the other animals' lives are continuing on as well.

Now that the weather is cooling off, they are a bit more active.  (OK, in the picture above, Argos doesn't look all THAT active, but he has been friskier when we go outside.)

The cats are more likely to come downstairs and interact with us, instead of napping the afternoon away.

Thomas has proven that he is actually quite fond of table scraps, thank you very much.  Now that he's learning that we're not going to flip out and start hitting him with brooms, he's gotten kind of cheeky about it.  Sometimes, he'll jump up onto the table and just walk over to your plate like he owns it, and as we've learned the hard way, he is more than happy to help himself if you don't move fast enough!

Thomas and Jeff have a "conversation" about whose dinner it really is.


And I feel super-guilty about this, but Maera had a birthday!  Last Saturday, in fact.  And not only did I not remark on it, but I completely forgot about it.  In my defense, we'd JUST gotten the bad news about the kittens, we were on vacation and therefore not looking at a calendar, AND my folks drove out from Missouri to visit us that weekend.  Maera has forgiven us.  I got her a stuffy today to make up for it, which entertained her for all of... oh, 30 minutes.  ANYWAY.  Happy Birthday, Maera!  She turned three years old.


A certain tranquility has descended upon the house.  Oh, we're insanely busy.  There's far too much going on, and I went back to work this week.  But the animals have reached a certain peace with one another.  Every once in awhile, it will erupt into sniping - usually Bit v. Thomas, but every once in awhile it's Bit v. Annie.  Or maybe Annie v. Thomas.

But overall, I'm very pleased with how everyone is getting along.

In closing, everyone keep your fingers crossed for our FeLV+ foster kittens.  I would love for these little love-bugs to get homes regardless of their retrovirus, and know for a fact that it doesn't HAVE to mean a death sentence for them.  We need all of the good thoughts, prayers, and positive vibes that you can send us!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Maera!! Better late than never. :)

    We still have our paws crossed for the kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Maera! And of course, we will keep on purring and praying for those kittens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Maera!!! I don't make anything much of our dogs' birthdays to be honest, and they NEVER remember! ;)

    So sorry to hear about the litter being FeLV positive. What a difficult situation for you, and them. I'm glad they're enjoying life though.

    I've had a similar summer to you, but not with fostering kitties, my busyness is to do with volunteering as a fundraiser, plus trying to sell my own handmade dog stuff, learning Italian and just dealing with life. I've been a bad blogger, but I am managing just about one blog a week at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nuzzles and head-bops to you, dear Melanie -- I haven't been by in so so long, and then to find this news. All I can say is -- nuzzles and head-bops.

    ReplyDelete