Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Things We Do For Love

You know, I've often thought that it's a really good thing that I love my animals.  They certainly are allowed to get away with things that I would never put up with from a human!  Let us count the ways:

1.  A human being who puts his or her snout in my crotch is in serious, serious trouble, but it's just a regular day when one of the dogs does it.

2.  No human being had better have any potty accidents on my dining room floor.  No, not even occasionally.

3.  If a human being literally danced circles around me while I prepared his/her dinner, I would be seriously considering calling the cops.

4.  I wouldn't even be discussing "kitty training" to prevent a human from chasing my cats.

5.  And speaking of cats...  no human is allowed to pin down my arm and drape their body across it as an impromptu body pillow.

6.  No human is allowed to climb onto my back and nap there.

7.  I am NOT scooping a human's poop, so don't even ask.

8.  I am NOT getting up at 5:30 AM to let a human out for potty breaks.

9.  A human had better NOT howl at 5:30 AM, waking me up,  to insist on a potty break.

10.  I would not sit there and guard a human while eating to prevent said human from stealing everyone else's food.

11 comments:

  1. How true! Dad kind of does a little dance sometimes for super yummy food..haha! So far mom has not called the cops!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOL!! So true!! But come on, aren't you being a little hard on the humans? No peeing on the kitchen floor ever??? You've got to kidding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! Laughing and nodding all the way along with you! If you'd like the experience of a demented sixteen year old dog, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so totally relate to all that!

    Rubie's mum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only agree, although my loved ones are cats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's brilliant and so true !! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the only response here is that it's funny because it's true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No kidding...especially on the picking up poop part. One of my favorite Family Guy moments of all time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l1VyrpvVFY

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so agree with you on every count!!
    Tinker is a foster dog for now and if we can get Happy on board with it then we will adopt her. She is doing so well but Happy loved Bambi so much and she is not excepting another, no way!!
    Thank you so much for your visit!!
    xx, Fern & Tinker

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're allowed to sleep til 5-30am? Beryl has decided it's good to get me up at 2-30am for a trip outside. A couple of times I disagreed with her and had to clean up puddles, thankfully on the wooden hallway floor and not the carpet in the lounge room:)

    While I don't have to do everything you do for love, I would:)

    ReplyDelete