|I won an award! That's awesome!|
So the award requires that thank those that awarded me, done above! And also that I tell you 7 things about myself (and I'm assuming, by extension, my animals.) So... here goes.
1. I have had animals for most of my life... most of them dogs and cats, but I've also had horses, ducks, a goat, and even two bottle-fed pigs, runts of the litter. My husband and I did have to go through about a decade with no animals, as it was difficult to get a pet-friendly apartment, but neither one of us wants to go back to that arrangement, EVER.
2. My cat Charlotte drew blood on me when I tried to pet her at the shelter the day that I rescued her. Obviously, I took her home anyway, but I have to admit that I felt some trepidation and hoped that I wasn't making a mistake.
3. When we went to meet Argos for the first time (then named Willie) I was 99% certain that we were not going to adopt him. That evaporated away within minutes of meeting him.
4. Argos has a "thing" for objects or animals that are white. I would never get a white cat with him in the same house, though he's perfectly cat-safe otherwise. But he'll want to chase white poodles when we see them out and about, and he likes white socks, washcloths, stuffed animals...
5. I have a tough time saying "no" to the animals. Which is probably why they come to ME demanding/asking for treats. If I ever got a dog that needed a firm hand to keep it in line, I would have a LOT of work on myself to do.
6. I would rather stay home with my husband and the animals than do nearly anything else. It makes me feel whole and content.
7. I have dreams of helping animals find homes, but am not entirely certain of what to do about it yet. For now, I donate money whenever possible to groups that DO know what they're doing, and I volunteer some of my time for Steel City Greyhounds when they need someone to do public meet & greet type events.
Okay, there's my 7 things. Now I'm to pass the award on to 15 blogger friends. There are so many good ones to choose from! I've conveniently linked them all below for easy browsing. If you're one of my awardees (both brand new and not so new) I know that I don't say much on your blogs (I am somewhat shy, despite the irony of being a blogger) but please do know that I thoroughly enjoy your writing.
Tales and Tails: http://houndstooth4.blogspot.com/
Greyhounds CAN Sit: http://greyhoundscansit.blogspot.com/
24 Paws of Love: http://24pawsoflove.blogspot.com/ (that's a lot of paws!)
Bocci's Beefs: http://boccibeefs.blogspot.com/
Whippet Tales: http://baileywhippet.blogspot.com/
Diary of an Adopted Dog: http://the3goobers.blogspot.com/
Hound Girl: http://www.houndgirl.com/
A Blog From the Dog House: http://www.ablogfromthedoghouse.com/
I Still Want More Puppies: http://istillwantmorepuppies.blogspot.com/
The Army of Four Digest: http://armyoffourdigest.blogspot.com/
The Portuguese Water Blog: http://theportuguesewaterblog.blogspot.com/
Margs Pets: http://www.margsanimals.com/blogs/index.php/margspets/
Arwen's Pack: http://arwenspack.blogspot.com/
Just Cats - Professional In-Home Cat Sitting Service: http://justcats-deb.blogspot.com/
Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekends! I'm off to accomplish Part 4 of the award acceptance, which is to inform my 15 choices about their awards...