Friday, January 27, 2012

Wonderfulness Award

I have been recently told that I am wonderful!  Which makes all of us at the House of Carnivores very happy to hear.  But not only was I told that I was wonderful, I was given an award for it!  It was given to me by my good friend over at Cat to Self, a fantastic blog that I have been following avidly since I first laid eyes upon it.  If you haven't read it yet, you should!  It philosophizes, it contemplates, and it chronicles the life and times of Bugs, a cat that was surely very near feral when rescued, and shows how he is adopting to life as a housecat.  (And I daresay, it will  also be about a new member of the family - Trex - that she is adopting from Chrystal over at Daily Dose of Dogs (aka Cats with your Coffee.)  Another blog that I can't do without.

I gratefully accept that award.  And there are some rules to my acceptance.

1.  I have to link to the blog of the person who awarded me, and of course follow that blog.  Done and done.

2.  And I need to pass the award on to three other deserving bloggers.

This one is tough.  I follow so many of you and would be hard pressed to say that any of you were not wonderful.  But I must choose three, and so I shall.

#1  24 Paws of Love.  If you haven't read this blog yet, you really should.  She is truly an inspiration to me, and the love that she has for her dogs shines through with every word.  She shows courage and devotion with these dogs, some of which need lots of her help to learn to cope again.

#2  House of the Discarded.  This blog is about cat rescue in Toronto, Canada, and while the cats that she writes about are so far away, her writing always touches me.  The good, the bad, and the ugly about running a cat rescue.  This is what I dearly want to be when I "grow up."

#3  fourwhitepaws:  feline inspired reflections on life and all things cat  I knew that I would like this blog when I saw that he "likes cats, likes cheese."  But I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about the cats, indoors and outdoors.

Sooo...  I will enjoy the award, as I hope that my awardees will enjoy theirs from me.

And a note from the House of Carnivores:  I haven't posted a lot this week, but it has been a truly busy time.  And I'm going to have a cautiously good announcement to make, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow, when I can get an appropriate picture to go with it.

Meanwhile, enjoy a picture of my mom-in-law's cat Patches (former foster cat HERE) who is staying with us for the week.  He thinks that all of this human babble is boring.  And has been finding numerous ways to tell me that it's time for gooshey food the entire time I've written this post.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! Kittly looks hungry better take care of that, like NOW.
    Blessings
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, congratulations on your award as you are so very deserving of it. Thank you so much for the kind words and for passing the award on to us. We appreciate it.

    So good to see Patches again and to hear he is doing so well. What a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concatulations! If anybody deserves it, it is yous!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes, I can certainly see how the House of Carnivores was chosen for the Wonderfulness Award. And, wow, thanks so much for passing the award my way. I'll start working on my acceptance speech and get that posted soon. Meanwhile, I need to check out 24 Paws of Love, House of the Discarded and Cat to Self - I love finding new wonderful blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patches, you keep that Human IN LINE! Awards (concatulations!) notwithstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha that's a great picture of Patches. Congratulations on your award!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the award - you are wonderful!

    The picture of Patches is great.

    ReplyDelete